Air Conditioning Apprenticeship
- Three-year program providing classroom and on-the-job training in repairing, servicing, and installing air conditioning, heating and refrigeration systems.
- Includes theory and practical experiences in welding, basic electricity, controls and systems wiring, air distribution and sizing calculations.
- Students must be sponsored and employed full-time by a licensed HVACR contractor.
- Learn more about our program by reading the Apprenticeship webpage sponsored by the Manasota Air Conditioning Contractors Association (MACCA).
- Those individuals interested, and not employed in the industry, are advised to complete the Employment Information Form.
- Pay particular attention to the Skills and Qualifications section on the form - "Put your best foot forward" when completing this section.
- Mail the completed original form as instructed at the bottom of the form.
Any questions? Call Coordinator Jerry Greenstein at (941) 925-8990 for more information.
- Four-year program providing classroom and on-the-job training leading to certification as a journeyman electrician.
- Sponsored by the Electrical Council of Florida (ECF).
- Must be sponsored by a participating ECF employer and employed full-time in the field.
Contact Coordinator Lisa Boyette at 813-879-8064, extension 104 for more information.
- Four-year program providing classroom and on-the-job training leading to certification as a journeyman plumber.
- Sponsored by the Sarasota and Manatee Plumbing, Heating, and Cooling Contractors (PHCC).
- Must be sponsored by a participating PHCC employer and be employed full time in the field.
Contact Coordinator Kristi Pike at (941) 726-1766 for more information.
Printable version from the Community and Continuing Education Fall 2013 Catalog.
Last updated: 8/22/2013 5:49:29 AM